How can I keep 1Password open on a browser on my personal computer

Mareid
Mareid
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I am trying the free version to see if 1PW will be a good move from LP for my family. I would like to understand if it's possible to have 1PW remain unlocked on (chrome, firefox) on my personal computer, or if I need to log in every single time I bring up the browser. So far, I like it very much but having to log in frequently is a deal killer

Thaks for any insight here.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I keep 1Password open on a trusted browser on my personal computere

Comments

• Mareid
    Mareid
    Community Member

I would be able to cope with using a pin when closing or refreshing the browser, but I don't see that option available

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

Additionally install the desktop app and login within the desktop app. Then go to the browser plugin configuration and enable the integration with the desktop app. This will make the browser plugin inherit the login from the desktop app, so your login will survive a browser restart.

• Jaime510
    Jaime510
    Community Member

I restart my PC every day. This doesn't stop that from locking 1Password. Wish it would.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mareid Thanks for the inquiry here 🙂

As @Tertius3 shared, in order to keep the browser extension unlocked (after the browser has been closed), we can install the desktop app for 1Password and enable the app integration feature. Here are some steps on how to do this:

1. Download and install the 1Password app: Get the 1Password apps
    2. Open your browser, then right click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    3. Under the General section, ensure the setting 'Integrate with the 1Password app' is turned on.
    4. You can then tweak the auto-lock settings in the app. Here is a guide on that as well: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.