Usability: logging into 1 Password, and 1Password window obscures web page

RandalHun
RandalHun
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 2 usability questions, and wonder if there are ways to simplify the workflow. When I click the 1Password icon in Safari (or if I click on a fillable password field), I get a message "1Password is trying to unlock." I click "use account password" and then click "open 1Password" to enter my 1Password password into the app. Then I have to click "Open 1Password" again to access my data. Is there a simpler workflow?

Second, I sometimes need to see both the password manager window and the website at the same time, for example to enter answers to security questions, or to use a keyboard to enter a password. However, the 1Password window opens as a bubble attached to the 1Password icon in Safari, and I can't move that window. So, I have to open and close the window in order to transfer data to the website. Lastpass allows its window to be moved to a spot that doesn't block the website. Is there a solution to this?

Thank you, and I apologize for my several questions!

1Password Version: 89.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @RandalHun

I'd be happy to help with those concerns.

Is there a simpler workflow?

I have two recommendations here:

1. Adjust your auto-lock settings so 1Password is not locking while you're using your computer. We have a guide on this, here: How to set 1Password to lock automatically.
    2. Utilize Touch ID and/or Apple Watch unlock to more quickly unlock 1Password when required.

Second, I sometimes need to see both the password manager window and the website at the same time

When viewing your Login item for the website within your web browser, click the vertical ... menu in the upper right and select the Open in New Window option. That will "pop" the item details into a new window which can be moved around your screen.

Thank you, and I apologize for my several questions!

I hope that helps! No need to apologize; that's what we're here for. 😃

Ben

• RandalHun
    RandalHun
    Community Member

Thank you sir. I am very impressed by the responsiveness of your team. I plan to switch to 1Password.

• @RandalHun,

On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome!

Thanks for the kind words and please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.