1password 8 won't open from Safari

wd6awp
wd6awp
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I'm running and M1 MacBook Pro with 1password 8. 1Password will not open from Safari with either the icon in the Safari Toolbar or a web site login prompt. It will open with shift-command-space, with the Desktop Menu bar or launch from the Applications folder.

I've followed suggestions on 1Password Community Support to drag 1password.app to the trash, empty the trash and reboot. Also removed the Safari extension. It's still won't open.

Thanks for helping,
Tim

1Password Version: 8.9.13 (80913040)
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOs 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wd6awp - Thanks for reaching out to us here.

I'm truly sorry to hear of the trouble you've bumped into. Something certainly doesn't sound right.

It sounds like the 1Password app and 1Password for Safari might not be communicating properly. Could you gather a couple diagnostics and email into support so we can take a closer look at what's going on?

1. First, please open and unlock the 1Password app and 1Password in your web browser, then fully recreate the issue you're seeing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report
    4. Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• wd6awp
    wd6awp
    Community Member

Hi, I followed these instructions. However I did not receive a Support ID number in the return email from 1Password Business Support. Could you please check for the email and confirm it was received?

• @wd6awp

They're here. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: IIX-42786-746

• mblackshaw
    mblackshaw
    Community Member

FWIW I've had this issue in Safari for at least the past 2 weeks and it's incredibly frustrating. Clicking on 1Password anywhere in the browser doesn't open the app to unlock it. I have to manually open the app and unlock it in order for the browser extension to work. I'm using 1Password 8.

• wd6awp
    wd6awp
    Community Member

@mblackshaw, Thanks for posting that/ I'm glad I'm not the only one!

• Hey @mblackshaw,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you also follow the above steps to send over a console log and diagnostics report so we can take a look?

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.