Session Expired in a new tab on vault update

Options

Hello,

Since few weeks/months I have an very annoying problem on my machine:
When I add/modify something in my vault (from this computer, my phone or my mac), 1 password chrome extension is opening a new tab with "Session expired, please re-authenticate" + desktop notification "Authentification Required".
Otherwise, the extension is working, and I can access any entry even if I don't log-in again (but the newly added/updated entry is not up-to-date)
After login again, everything is working as expected for few hours (< 3) then it's the same again...

My machine: W10 without desktop app + Chrome with 1pwd extension 2.5.2 (app integration disabled, chrome always running)
Other machines: Android + 1 pwd 8, Mac with desktop app 8 (in order to use touchID) + chrome extension

I already tried to enable/disable the 1pwd app integration, and log-in again, still the same.

I have 3 errors in the 1pwd extension (when triggering the problem):

• Failed to refresh keysets ServerError: 401
  • Unable to complete MFA sign-in with dSecret proxy. Desktop App might be missing dSecret.
  • Sync error 110

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @psyplop - Thanks for sharing all these details on the issue you're seeing. 🙂

Our development team is aware of this issue, and is actively working towards a fix. I've added your case to our internal ticket as further insight for our team. I'm hopeful we will have an update to share soon. I'm truly sorry for any interruption in your workflow caused by this.

ref: dev/core/core#15591

• loboolsson
    loboolsson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Just want to inform you that I see the same behavior. It popped up today for the first time. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2, latest Chrome build (109.0.5414.120), 1Password plugin 2.6.0, and also have the binary 7.9.832 installed

I have not seen any specific error messages, but so far it has only happened while chrome has been in the background and I've seen it afterward.

• Hi @loboolsson,

I'm sorry for the delay.

Are you still running into issues? If so can you give the below steps a try:

1. Open Chrome.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account.
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how you get on!

• loboolsson
    loboolsson
    Community Member
    Options

I have not seen the behavior again since I reported it. I just wanted to make sure to give you the info anyway

• Thank you @loboolsson, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

• dannyro45
    dannyro45
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Steph, I have also had this issue on my chrome browser where it will open up multiple tabs asking to reauthenticate due to an expired session. I tried the steps you listed but the problem still happens after a few minutes.

• Hey @dannyro45,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble.

Can you try installing the beta version of 1Password in your browser and let me know if the behaviour is any different?

Here's how:
    1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Remove from Chrome'
    2. Install the beta from here: Use 1Password beta releases.

Let me know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.