Is it possible to export a single vault at a time?

Options
cmcdonald42
cmcdonald42
Community Member

Is it possible to export one vault at a time? It looks like the only option is to export EVERYTHING into one big file. The ability to export one specific single vault at a time would be a plus. Is there something I'm not seeing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cmcdonald42

All vaults in the account are exported.

• Hi @cmcdonald42! As @MrC mentions, an export always includes all vaults in the account. Could you tell me a little more about your use case for exporting a single vault at a time? I'd be happy to file your suggestion with our Product team as a feature request.

• cmcdonald42
    cmcdonald42
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1P_Gem,

Thank you for your response. The reason may be a bit odd, but I will explain.

I’ll be using my personal account to also manage passwords for my 91-year-old mother. At this stage of her life, learning to use a password manager and having her own account is a bit too much to ask. Keeping her logins in my personal account, where I can manage them, and login to her sites from my own laptop when or if needed, is easily accomplished using separate vaults. Wanting the option of exporting vaults separately is simply because I want and need to keep her data separate from mine.

I plan to create stronger passwords for her and save them in her browser, so she doesn’t have to type anything in. Right now, she is reusing almost all her passwords, and they are short, and too easy to guess. I don’t like saving passwords inside a browser, but she never takes her laptop out of the house and learning a password manager would be too confusing for her, so I guess it’ll have to do.

Hope that made sense and thank you for asking.

• cmcdonald42
    cmcdonald42
    Community Member
    Options

One more quick question on this topic: Are items placed in archive also exported in the one big export file?
    Was also wondering how long items placed in trash are kept before permanent deletion?

• ag_mike_d
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @cmcdonald42,

Thanks for getting back to us with this feedback about your use case for exporting a single vault. I've passed these details along to the Product team on your behalf.

Are items placed in archive also exported in the one big export file?

Yes, items are exported into either a .csv or .1pux file. Under the Get Help section of our guide, How to export data from 1Password, discusses what is and what is not included in .csv files.

You read more About the 1Password Unencrypted Export format, in that guide.

Was also wondering how long items placed in trash are kept before permanent deletion?

This guide will be helpful, Archive and delete items, but deleted items remain in the apps for 30 days and can be recovered from 1Password.com for up to a year: View and restore previous versions of items

If this is a concern, I'd suggest using the archive. Items in the archive stay there until you remove them manually.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We'll be happy to help!

ref: 30590704

This discussion has been closed.