To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

account deleted

Options
1passquest
1passquest
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

i signed in on a new device (username, secret key , and password) and got a warning that my account was deleted.

after rebooting , and refreshing the browser, it went away. what did that mean?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @1passquest, thanks for writing in about this! Without getting a closer look, it's hard to say what might have happened here, especially as things are now working well after a restart. Where did you see this warning - was it when signing in on 1Password.com, or in one of our apps or extensions?

• theresaforir
    theresaforir
    Community Member
    Options

Our account has been deleted by a hacker, I presume, since neither I nor my husband or child requested that our account be deleted. I am asking please that someone from 1password contact me immediately.

• Hi @theresaforir,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• theresaforir
    theresaforir
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning. I sent the email as requested. I have not received a ticket number.

• theresaforir
    theresaforir
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

May I please have an update?

• theresaforir
    theresaforir
    Community Member
    Options

A phone call would really be helpful. Is there no one at 1password who can contact a customer via phone? I am not receiving replies to my emails in a timely fashion, given the urgent nature of the situation. MVV-97621-979

• Blake
    edited June 2023
    Options

While we don't currently offer phone support, we generally get back to everyone within 24 hours, if not sooner.

I've pinged the team on this given the urgency of the issue at hand, so keep an eye on your email inbox; we'll be in touch with you shortly!

• theresaforir
    theresaforir
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning. Our 1Password account has been deleted again, again without our consent. Will someone please contact me asap to have our account restored and discuss ways to stop this from happening? Receiving an email at 3:00 in the morning asking me to confirm if the request is valid is not a very good way to conduct business. Is there no system in place that tracks these kinds of requests to delete certain accounts at middle-of-the night periods on weekends? I am extremely frustrated.

• theresaforir
    theresaforir
    Community Member
    Options

Further, when these emails from 1password arrive in my inbox at 3:30 in the morning, they tell me to contact support if I did not authorize the deletion. Yet there is no option in the list that pops up to address an unauthorized closure of the account. So even if I could stop yet another intrusion in the middle of the night, I can't easily and quickly do so.

• @theresaforir,

Thank you for following up via email.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.