Password History in Windows and Android

Options

Comments

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same thing, in the Windows and Android apps.
    Password history doesn't seem to be available at all in the Firefox or Chrome extensions on Windows.

In my case (don't know about others), I imported from another pw manager, then changed the pw on a number of sites, and the original ones aren't there in history, which is a bit scary.

Can someone official confirm where this DOES work?

• Hello @lesster,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been experiencing with the viewing the password history.

I've included our guide that notes you can view the password history of items in the apps or on 1Password.com: View and restore previous versions of items

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, we'll be here for you!

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

I know how to show it, it's just that some of my entries don't have any history.

Related, I have a suggestion: Include the current password and its date in the history display.
    I think that would be clearer,

• Thanks for getting back to me, @lesster.

Passwords that have yet to be changed since you've moved the data over to 1Password, won't show any history.

Could you confirm if you are referring to a password that you've changed after importing the item into 1Password? If you are able to reproduce this, could provide me with the list of steps you are taking so I can file this as an issue with Development team?

Related, I have a suggestion: Include the current password and its date in the history display.

I think that would be clearer,

Could you include some additional feedback here and let us know more about your use case and what problem would this help solve for you? As a workaround, are currently closing the password history view and looking at the current password details from the item detail pane? I'd be happy to pass all of your feedback along to our Product team.

Looking forward to your reply.

This discussion has been closed.