Ability to save login with Windows

chrisrbmn
chrisrbmn
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

Hello,
Is there any possibility in a future build you may allow saving of passwords for the login on a Windows PC? On my macbook pro, its so seamless to login with biometrics, and have my 1password vault immediately available, but on my windows desktop, it's clunky because I have to either remember "my-supah-duper-25character-extra-secure-master-password" password, or copy it out of my Google Keep to login.. (which in reality is what I do) - I realize it's not available because it poses a security risk, however that is maybe mitigated with MFA or 2FA. It would really be nice to atleast have the option available to save, with a big ugly red disclaimer, then to not have at all. (It is the one thing I did like about LastPass)
Thank you for considering my feature request.
Chris

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.6.1
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome 109.0.5414.76

Comments

• Hello @chrisrbmn,

Thanks for your message. You can certainly save your Windows account credentials within 1Password, however, due to the nature Windows, the 1Password app is not available to provide account credentials until after you've signed into your Windows profile and unlocked the 1Password app itself.

Have you given any thought to or, are you able to use Windows Hello on your device to sign into your Windows account? Learn about Windows Hello and how to set it up - Microsoft Support.

You can also use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC.

I hope this information helps, but let us know if you have any other questions or feedback to share.

• chrisrbmn
    chrisrbmn
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mike_d ,
    Thanks for that pointer! - I went ahead and setup TPM with Windows Hello PIN on my desktop (I don't have a Windows Hello certified webcam on this PC), and I've been doing a little tinkering with this and it looks like it will address my needs.
    Thanks again for your help!
    Chris

• Hey @Chrisrbmn,

You're most welcome! Glad to be of service! 😀

This discussion has been closed.