Is the updates pop up notice accurate? My 1PW app says I am up to date. I use Safari.

bwaldron
bwaldron
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

i just upgraded to Ventura OS 13. earlier today. I just now got a pop up saying there is a 1PW update. But when I checked my 1PW app it said I am up to date. The update states that "autofilling an SSH key no longer fills the title into the Private key field on Google Compute Engine. # 18343"
Something doesn't look, sound or feel right about this , but i will install if you can verify this is legitimate. Thank you Beverly

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 13.2
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:Is the updates pop up notice accurate? My 1PW app says I am up to date. I use Safari.

Comments

• Hi @bwaldron:

Great question. 1Password in your browser and 1Password for Mac are separate apps, and as such update separately. I can confirm that 1Password for Safari 2.6.0 contains those fixes.

Jack

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

Thank you very much. I never knew these were updated separately. I thought it was one in the same and I never questioned it. But this time it contained unfamiliar terms so I appreciate your "Ok" on this. Sincerely, Beverly

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

I did the update and I am pretty sure 1PW is on in Extensions but since Ventura 13.2 is a new OS for me I cannot find the extensions. Perhaps you could send me the path. Apple really changed a lot -- actually there are no preferences any longer , they are now called System settings------- Thanks for telling me where extensions are hiding.
    Sincerely Beverly

• Hey @bwaldron,

You can check to see if you have 1Password enabled in Safari with these steps:

1. Open Safari
    2. In the top left hand corner next to the apple choose Safari > Settings
    3. Click on the Extensions tab

Do you see 1Password enabled in the left hand panel?

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

Hi,
    Thank you so much. Ventura is new to me & Apple has put some things under different headings which I am still getting use to learning.
    I appreciate your help.
    Beverly

• You're welcome @bwaldron, I totally understand.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.