Can I stay logged into 1password when quitting the browser?

Yep, I know it is insecure - but here's the thing:
I work from home.
I have some work sessions where I need to keep restarting my browsers and possibly my PC (Windows) when testing and recreating issues, etc.
I have a 25 character password for 1P and I would dearly like to have the option of my browser extension remembering it rather than asking me to re-enter it every time I restart. Just for these sessions.
I have the option with LastPass and it is very useful to my workflow.
I'll keep this post on a single topic, but I am a noob to 1P, trying it out. Yes, it feels good to move out of LP because of their crappy support and behaviour - but I am finding 1P much more cumbersome to use.
Anyway... that's for another post...
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox (mainly)

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @immigrant, you can quit your browser, re-launch it, and not have to worry about signing in to 1Password again as long as the 1Password app is running in the background. Have you had the chance to try that?

If you restart your PC though, you will always have to sign back in. In that situation, I would recommend setting up something like Windows Hello to unlock the app in order to make the process easier: https://support.1password.com/windows-hello.

This discussion has been closed.