Incorrect "Sign in with" save prompt

I noticed this at work today, and was able to reproduce it at home in a different browser/OS, but I'm not sure how...

1. At work: (MacOS Ventura, Chrome)
I opened a bunch of tabs (some links to a defunct website that now forwards to GitHub gists) and some from other domains. As I went though and closed the tabs, 1Password prompted me to save a login, saying "GitHub was used to sign in," even though I hadn't signed into anything.

I was already signed into GitHub and it didn't prompt me to sign in, I was just opening and closing tabs on different domains.

2. Just now, at home: (Windows 11, Firefox)
I tried to repeat the steps, but I wasn't signed into GitHub at home, so I logged in on the first GitHub tab, and I got a prompt saying GitHub SSO was used to sign into GitHub:

It seems like the browser extension is watching for redirects from certain domains, and mistakenly thought there was a new login to save. In case 1, I'm pretty sure the login prompt was for a different domain from one of the other tabs, "GitHub was used to sign into Observablehq.com," but I could be mistaken. In case 2, it was prompting to use GitHub SSO on GitHub itself

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox

This discussion has been closed.