CLI can not connect to desktop app

KickSuch
KickSuch
Community Member

Hello,

I installed CLI 2.13.0 and tried to connect to my desktop app on my Windows 10 PC. I needed to set up Windows Hello PIN and enable Unlock using Windows Hello in 1Password desktop app's Security settings. Then I was able to enable Connect with 1Password CLI in Developer settings. I have tried it and it did not work. Here are some commands outputs:

op accounts add

1Password CLI is now connected with the 1Password app. Add an account through the 1Password app.

To learn how to add an account to the 1Password app, visit: https://support.1password.com/add-account

op accounts list

[ERROR] 2023/01/27 15:08:46 connecting to desktop app: write: The pipe is being closed.

op signin --debug

3:09PM | DEBUG | Session delegation enabled
3:09PM | DEBUG | NM request: NmRequestAccounts
[ERROR] 2023/01/27 15:09:14 connecting to desktop app: write: The pipe is being closed.

I was able to add my accounts manually after disabling Connect with 1Password CLI in Developer settings. But it was asking for my password always when I changed terminal, and it slowed me down and got annoying. So I am again trying to connect the desktop app with CLI.

Any help will be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:CLI can not connect to desktop app

Comments

• Hi @KickSuch:

Thanks for reaching out about this! We inadvertently released version 2.13 of 1Password CLI without code signing it. Due to this, 1Password for Windows will refuse to connect with it. Version 2.13.1 is exactly the same as 2.13, but is properly codesigned, and should connect with 1Password for Windows. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• KickSuch
    KickSuch
    Community Member

I updated to the 2.13.1 version and it is working. Seems like the updated version rolled up day after I installed the wrong one.

Thank you Jack.

• Hey @KickSuch:

Glad to hear it! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

• rdhyee
    rdhyee
    Community Member

I was not able to connect v2.15.0 to the desktop app. v2.14.0 seems to be ok.

• psykressx
    psykressx
    Community Member

can confirm, 2.15 does not work again

• Hi @psykressx:

Thanks for letting us know about this, we're investigating now.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.