Web Extension failing after upgrading App to 1pw8

Options

On my Chromebook, I'd been meaning to track down my issue with the upgrade from 1pw7 to 1pw8, but hadn't had time. However, yesterday I was asked to generate a console log from chrome (for another issue), and in the log I see the Chrome Extension is failing to connect to 1pw7. There are numerous log entries stating "Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password7".

After upgrading to 1pw8, do I need to uninstall and reinstall the Web Extension? I would have thought the Extension would have been smart enough to detect the upgrade on its own.

NOTE: I upgraded the App to v8, not realizing it would leave v7 still installed. Thus, I uninstalled v7.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @robert1p,

If 1Password in your browser is having a hard time finding with your 1Password 8 app it will then look to see if it can find a 1Password 7 app. Can you let me know if you are still having difficulty?

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it still has issues. I log into my Chromebook, log into my 1pw8 app, open a browser window to log into a site, and the WebExt still wants me to login - even though the WebExt Setting for "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled.

• greenpassword
    greenpassword
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue

• steph.giles
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @robert1p, @greenpassword,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you start by giving your computer a complete restart and if this doesn't improve things send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going wrong:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.