Appears latest 1Password 8.9.14 has broken interactivity with Firefox AND Brave plugins

fseesink
fseesink
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

2019 15" MacBook Pro w/ Core i7 / 32GB RAM
macOS 13.1
1Password 8.9.14
Firefox 109.0
1Password - Password Manager Firefox extension 2.5.1
Brave
1Password Manager extension for Brave 2.5.2

Before if I fired up Firefox or Brave and went to login to a site and saw the 1Password lock symbol and clicked on it, it would fire up the 1Password app and I would login. Or if I already had clicked on the 1Password menubar icon and logged in there, the extension would reflect that.

Now it appears that the connection between the Firefox extension and the menubar app/main app is broken. Regardless of whether I have already logged into the main app or logged into the menubar (so it shows no lock symbol), the extension in Firefox and Brave continue to show locked and popup a message about having to login within the browser.

Note Safari 16.2 with 1Password for Safari 2.6.0 extension still works as before.

But this new 1Password 8 continues to be a disappointment. Feature parity is still lacking, and now things are even regressing. I installed 1Password 8 on 2 of my systems that I use regularly, figuring to give it time, while leaving 1Password 7 on the rest. But this pattern is consistent on both Macs with 1Password 8. And I have rebooted my Macs to start clean, but to no avail. And the only change recently is that 1Password updated. So it clearly appears to lie with this program.

Do you all not run tests before releasing updates? I would think all the major browsers at the very least--so Chrome, if not Brave or Edge directly, as well as Safari, and Firefox--would be tested. I must say, I keep questioning whether I should just revert back to v7, as to date, I can't say I have found this new version an improvement.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Firefox 109.0

Comments

• greennib
    greennib
    Community Member

I am also seeing this problem; Chrome, Firefox browser plugins ask for a password even though the App is unlocked. Safari plugin still works, though is a little confused, I had to click on the plugins' toolbar icon 2 or 3 times before it worked. I have "Integrate with 1Password app" setting turned on for all plugins.

• MarioCelsoJr
    MarioCelsoJr
    Community Member

Same problem here. Safari is working fine, but Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Brave are broken. I'm using last version of 1Password app and last version of browser plugin.
    I have tried to remove and add plugin, restart browser, restart Mac - no success

• Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to report this, please check for an update in your 1Password for macOS app. The 8.9.15 update should address this issue for you.

• fseesink
    fseesink
    Community Member

I can confirm that 8.9.15 fixed the issue for me.

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Had the same problem in Chrome for the last few days. This update fixes the problem, but I agree with the sentiment that 1P is generally getting worse.

• Thanks for confirming that the fix helped folks.

This discussion has been closed.