Migrate iOS vault to a new family account.

PippaR
PippaR
Community Member
edited February 2023 in iOS

Hi there,

I'm migrating an iOS 1 password vault to a family account.
We have signed up the family account and added it to 1Password 7 on the iphone and signed in succesfully.
Unfortunately the migrate data button did not appear.
So instead went to Settings>Advanced>Move or copy data but there is only 2 items instead of 80?
How can we migrate the data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot migrate data ios

Comments

• PippaR
    PippaR
    Community Member

Note, I've double checked the vaults.
    It seems like it can no longer see the previous primary vault once we added the account to ios 1Password 7.
    I'm thinking worst come to worst we may have to restore the phone from the icloud backup and then export the passwords before adding the account. So we can then import the passwords. However there must be a simpler way?

• Hello @PippaR! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble when migrating to 1Password Families. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our dedicated migration team can help you get everything working. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• PippaR
    PippaR
    Community Member

[#BWV-84762-374]

• @PippaR

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible over email. To prevent having the same conversation in two different places I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: BWV-84762-374

This discussion has been closed.