Firefox Browser Extension remains Locked, despite 1PW unlocked everywhere else

I am having significant problems with the Firefox 1PW Browser Extension/Plugin.

Whenever I click the icon in the browser I am redirected to the 1PW website and prompted to enter my signup email, password and secret key. This happens consistently, all the time. Regardless if I am already logged into 1PW.

For example I see the Browser extension in Safari and the macOS menubar both in unlocked/logged-in state, but in Firefox it remains locked, and I only ever get redirected me to the .com 1PW account page in Firefox. Even if I then login on the (.eu) 1PW account page the Firefox browser icon still remains locked, and clicking again does the same thing.

I have tried re-installing the extension several times (by clicking add browser extension from the 1PW app preferences), as well as restarting Firefox, 1PW and my laptop etc.

Firefox 109.0
MacOS 13.2
1Password for Mac 8.9.14 (80914009)

The Firefox plugin is unusable in its current state. Please help me fix the situation.

(maybe a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway: Has the 1PW Firefox Browser extension been compromised in some way? Do I need to worry about my vault contents having logged in with secret key etc on the page it redirected me to (my.1password.com)?)

Thanks for the help

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 13.2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

This discussion has been closed.