1password icon locked on any login form even though 1password is open

filch
filch
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

So, I think there have been issues with this before or perhaps it was/is a different issue. This issue, for me, just started in the last few days. Whenever I need to l log into a site, this icon is locked, even if the app is open and clicking on it urges me to open the app by clicking on the 1password icon in the top menu. Agin, 1password is open during all of this. When it started happening, I updated the extension and it worked for maybe one or two logins and then when back to the locked state. I:t does, however, work on Safari but not on Chrome. Quite annoying.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.60
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

This is happening for me as well. The latest 1P Firefox extension version 2.5.1 no longer integrates authentication with the macOS 1P app version 8.9.14

I have to reenter my 1P password in the browser even though the 1P app is open and unlocked and the Connect with 1P in the browser option is selected:

Is there a way to downgrade the 1P app to the previous version?

Hardware: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2014)
    macOS version 11.7.3
    Firefox version 109.0 (64-bit)
    1P Firefox extension version 2.5.1
    1P app version 8.9.14

This feature is also broken in the macOS Chrome browser:

Chrome version 109.0.5414.119
    1P Chrome extension version 2.6.0

The same versions running on Windows 10 still integrate authentication correctly between the FF browser and the 1P app.

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

The 1P Safari (version 16.3) extension (version 2.6.0) 1P browser integration still seems to be working in Safari but the 1P icon is invisible on the toolbar (see red arrow). Not sure if that's a new bug or not since I've never used 1P in Safari before.

• metahome
    metahome
    Community Member

Seeing exactly the same problem. Very frustrating.

I have to reenter my 1P password in the browser even though the 1P app is open and unlocked and the Connect with 1P in the browser option is selected:

Chrome extension 2.6.0
    Chrome:109.0.5414.119
    Firefox extension: 2.5.1
    Firefox 109.0
    MacOS 12.6.2
    1P App: 8.914

Any response from 1Password team?

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member

@metahome thanks for the link.

• Hey @metahome, @owenw4rd,

I'm sorry for the disruption, everything should be working as expected now on version 8.9.15. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.