How to select primary account to auto fill for logins on Firefox?

Options
DeeEye
DeeEye
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all
I have multiple accounts on some websites, how do I set a primary login on 1P so it will auto fill with the one I specify? For example, if I'm on Twitter login, and I do the shortcut key cmd+\, 1P will auto fill with a different login then I want. Please advise

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.2
Browser:_ Firefox 109

Comments

• Hey, @DeeEye. If you have multiple matching logins for a site you're on, then the Command-\ shortcut should be opening Quick Access for you to select the login you want to fill. It will automatically with the shortcut if you have one exact matching login. Are those multiple logins in different vaults, collections, or anything like that?

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, forgot to respond to this - still happening and very annoying.
    I do indeed do CMD+\ and it auto-fills the login/password. The issue here is that it auto-fills the wrong account. I want a different account to be the default/primary. These accounts are in the same vault. How do I change this behaviour?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DeeEye, when you invoke CMD+\ , does the Quick Access window not popup? If you have multiple logins, this is what the Quick Access window would show: https://share.cleanshot.com/CFbWGxmF

If the Quick Access window does not appear, please let us know the following:

• How many Twitter logins do you have?
    • Do those logins all have twitter.com listed in the website section, like here: https://share.cleanshot.com/WVTDZ91G
    • Does 1Password autofill a login linked to the twitter.com website or does it autofill a completely unassociated login?

Once we get the details above, we'll be able to help further. We look forward to hearing from you again.

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

was able to fix the issue making sure the website is the exact same. I wish there was a way to auto fill a primary login on 1P7 instead of having the prompt come up.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DeeEye thanks for the update. I had missed that you were using 1Password 7. I'm afraid there isn't a way to select a primary login for filling if you have multiple logins. However, if you mark a login as a Favorite, it will be displayed at the top of the list. That may make it easier for you to select the login to fill it. I hope that helps a bit.

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DeeEye you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.