how do i import passwords from iPhone, 1Password needs a how to video library managed by 1Password.

Options
firedawgz20
firedawgz20
Community Member

I want to import all current passwords from my iPhone to 1Password, not manually load one at a time! I also want to change passwords using 1Password generator.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone 8 iOS 16.1.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:import iphone passwords

Comments

• Hello @firedawgz20! 👋

Welcome to the 1Password community forum! Were you using Apple's built-in password manager before? If you were, and if you have a Mac handy, you can import all of your passwords into 1Password by using Safari on your Mac: Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password

If you were using a different password manager then you can find guides here: Move your data from other applications to 1Password

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• firedawgz20
    firedawgz20
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave. Yes I am using apple pw manager. Not using mac computer, but I do have a pc laptop.

• @firedawgz20

Thank you for the reply. If you’re using using iCloud Keychain on your iPhone and you don't have an available Mac to export your Keychain items from, you can instead import up this data through a 'passive' import. On an iPhone/iPad, this entails running both Keychain and 1Password simultaneously in Safari, having Keychain enter your login credentials into a site, and then using the 1Password extension to save the filled website entry. Here's an article about saving, filling, and changing passwords using 1Password for Safari on iOS: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

You can also copy a password (or username) from Settings > Passwords. Then, you can create a new login item in 1Password and paste it there: Get to know 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.