1Password in Chrome browser touch id option gone

ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I just noticed this recently. I'm using Chrome on my Macbook pro. In the past, when I clicked on the 1Passoword icon in the browser, I was able to unlock using touch id. In the last few days, I am required to type in my password. If I open the 1P application, it asks for my touch id and unlocks it. What's going on? I tried closing Chrome and reopening it but no change. I also made sure my Chrome version is up to date, and it is. I sure would love to get this sorted out. I hate having to type in my password. I know it requires it once in a while, but every time? Thanks.

One other interesting thing. If the browser icon shows locked, I open the application and unlock it (using touch id), but then when I go back to the browser, the icon still shows locked and clicking on it asks for my password. I thought they used to stay in sync; unlocking one also unlocked the other.

1Password Version: 8.9.16
Extension Version: 2.6.1
OS Version: macOs 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

I see I'm not the only one having this problem. I updated to the new version (with a fix) and so far so good. Unlocking the app also unlocks the browser extension. Still haven't confirmed the browser extension lets me unlock using my fingerprint, but I will check next time 1P locks.

• JoeMacQ
    JoeMacQ
    Community Member

Hi, I'm also having this same problem. I'm on a Mac (OS 12.6) using Chrome Version 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (arm64). I've checked the 1Password app, and touch id is enabled. I've looked at the 1Password extension and there's nowhere to enable touchid in the extension to my knowledge... it was all working until very recently with Chrome and Touch ID... and now it's asking for password every time? Thanks

• @JoeMacQ

Please ensure you are on the latest release 8.9.15.

• @ajahn

Let us know how you fare. It's working again for me here. Fingers crossed it will for you too.

• Fernborough
    Fernborough
    Community Member

I was having the issue: I cannot use touch id to unlock 1Password when in Chrome.
    I thought everything is up to date:

• 1Password 8.9.15 **is available******
    • Chrome Version 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (arm64)
    • MacOS Ventura 13.1

Suddenly I realized is available <> installed. After updating, touch id to unlock the browser extension is back.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

Yep, 8.9.15 did the trick! Thanks for the quick response!

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2023

I'm glad to hear the update helped. My apologies for that small bit of trouble this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.