Username instead.

Brrry
Brrry
Community Member

Option to use Username.
Using a username has a lower risk of unauthorized access.
This link is a good example. https://techcrunch.com/2023/01/30/facebook-two-factor-bypass-bug/?fbclid=IwAR1bUfrbAhTbddynRrTtHr1t13XfBEf0Z-d158u16DJhFinJeW3j1pjFZM4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Brrry
    Brrry
    Community Member

Much better If we can use Username to sign in not email

• Hello @Brrry! 👋

I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion. The article that you linked to speaks about a recent security incident affecting Facebook where a researcher discovered that an attacker would be able to brute force the 2FA one-time password for a user's Meta accounts.

You can already save usernames for accounts that support them in 1Password. Or are you referring to having a username for 1Password itself? If you are then can you tell me what security threat you believe having a username would protect against? At the moment, you have to use your email address to sign-in to 1Password along with your account password and Secret Key.

-Dave

• Brrry
    Brrry
    Community Member

Using usernames allows for greater privacy and security since it separates the user's login information from their personal email address.
    Many people are aware of your email, and if they know you use 1Password, they already have part of the puzzle. It's also important to change your username periodically, just as you change your password

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Brrry

You can achieve a similar result with email plus addressing.

• Brrry
    Brrry
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip.

• @Brrry

Another great option is to use masked email addresses so that you have a unique email address for each of your accounts: Use 1Password to create and manage Masked Emails in Fastmail

That being said, I've passed along your feature request to the product team for consideration. Thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30725921

This discussion has been closed.