How do I log in with a four-digit password?

michael2
michael2
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

By default, the password for my local public library is the final four digits of one's phone number (hardly the best security, but it wasn't my decision). For some reason, when I try to log in to my library's website, 1Password doesn't enter the correct, four-digit password; instead, it appears to enter a five-digit password (I'm unable to display the password so I can't be sure what the 1Password extension is pasting).

Are you able to help me with this peculiar trouble? The website I'm trying to log into is the Toronto Public Library website.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:library

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2023

@michael2

I would recommend updating macOS when you have time to 13.2. On the subject of viewing the password at the end of the password field is a "V" click it and then reveal. Is the correct password shown?

Also 8.9.15 is available and fixes an unlocking bug. You may wish to update 1Password.

• michael2
    michael2
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Thanks for getting back to me. When I reveal the password in the app, it is, indeed, the right password; however, when it pastes into the library website, it seems to have an extra digit.

Thanks for the tip about macOS 13.2 and 1Password 8.9.15. I'm updating them now.

• @michael2

Is the link one you can share? You may wish to send us an email, so that one of the my colleagues on the extensions team can look into this. I'd be happy to see if I can fill faux data here, if you wish. You might not feel comfortable with this in public. In that case email us please and include the URL along with the following details.

support+forum@1password.com

Please include a link to this topic https://1password.community/discussion/137482/how-do-i-log-in-with-a-four-digit-password
    In addition to your user name. michael2

This discussion has been closed.