No prompt to save or update

If I log in to a site and the password is saved incorrectly in 1PW, I change it manually and login.

1PW doesn't offer me an option to update the password

Equally if I login manually and there is no 1PW entry it doesn't offer to save as a new entry apart from at the time of entry, which is often when I am unsure it's correct so don't want to save until I have logged in

Moving the family from LastPass and these things are normal behaviours

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.14 (80914009)
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: W10 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2023

@nerualc

If 1Password is not detecting that you've changed a password please save/update the login manually. Save a login manually in your browser

You might benefit from talking with one of my colleagues on the extension team via email. The experience you've had doesn't sound right. By chance are you trying to save additional logins to the same site within the same account. Is there a site that is giving you trouble that you can share? Please remember this is a public community.

If you'd like to email us please use support+forum@1password.com

• nerualc
    nerualc
    Community Member

By chance are you trying to save additional logins to the same site within the same account.

No, I have only just migrated a handful from LP

Single site, WordPress install, password saved was wrong, didn't pick up the updated pasword

Is there a site that is giving you trouble that you can share?

I will webcast it later

• I will webcast it later

That would be great; mention this post and email the team as instructed by Tommy above, and the rest of the team will be glad to help you out. 🙂

• Enceladus
    Enceladus
    Community Member

I've also had problems recently updating and saving new passwords on several WordPress sites. I'm thinking there's a conflict between 1Password's password generator and WordPress's automatic password generation that auto-fills the new password input field. 1Password seems to ignore the WP password but also doesn't replace it with its own, so the items either aren't updated or are saved with a blank password field.

• Hey @Enceladus,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having on certain websites. Can you possibly provide us with an example so we can do some testing and best advise?

Thank you!

• nerualc
    nerualc
    Community Member

I have emailed support with a video showing the behaviour

Thanks

• Thank you @nerualc, I hope our team can further assist.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.