After installation of OS X Ventura, 1Password no longer allowed Touch ID access

chalcopis
chalcopis
Community Member

In order to restore access, I first restarted the computer (MacBook Air 2019). I then checked in the System Settings to make sure that Touch ID was enabled. I then checked that it was enabled in 1Password. All sliders/boxes were checked appropriately. I next looked up whether any discussions had featured this here, and there appeared to be a consensus that unchecking Touch ID in 1Password, then rechecking the box would bring it back. I unchecked it - and the box greyed out! Back in the discussions here, there was a consensus that turning off all the Touch ID permissions in the computer's system settings and turning them back on would allow me to click the box in 1Password again, but I have done this in all possible permutations and the Touch ID box in 1Password remains greyed out. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: MacOS X 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Restoring Touch ID access on a Macbook Air after installation of OS Ventura 13.1

Comments

• @chalcopis

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: chalcopis
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/137524/after-installation-of-os-x-ventura-1password-no-longer-allowed-touch-id-access#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• bzx
    bzx
    Community Member

I have a similar issue:

• I can't unlock 1password extension with Touch ID
    • I CAN unlock 1password app with Touch ID (the option is checked in the prefs)
    • The extension locks itself immediately after I log out of a website (forcing me to open it again and unlock with typed password). This happens irregularly, not sure why.

I have followed the diagnostic steps and my Support ID number is [#SHH-59178-436].
    Please let me know.
    Thank you!

• @bzx

We have your diagnostic. Thanks.

ref: SHH-59178-436

• chalcopis
    chalcopis
    Community Member

support ID: [#EGJ-96572-654]

• alak
    alak
    Community Member

Same issue here

• @alak

I do not see a report from you. Did you receive a support id. Did you submit one?

• Thanks @chalcopis

We'll be with you as soon as possible.

ref: EGJ-96572-654

• alak
    alak
    Community Member

I didn't submit any report yet

• I can't unlock 1password extension with Touch ID (using chrome)
    • I CAN unlock 1password app with Touch ID (the option is checked in the prefs)

And it's super annoying

• @alak

Please make sure you are using 8.9.15 and if not updating should help.

• alak
    alak
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

with the update it works !

• @alak

I'm happy to hear that the update resolved the issue for you. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.