To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Resending this. I am locked out. 1Password says my secret key or password was changed but it was NOT

calmalm
calmalm
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Memberships

Below is 1Password's reply to my second request for help and my follow up message from yesterday. I have had no further contact by them This is poor customer service.
Is there any way to get real time human assistance? Emailing once a day with recommendations that may not/don’t apply to my problem is not an efficient solution.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 2:48 PM Cathleen Malmstrom wrote:
I did NOT change my secret code or password. This happened the first day, only hours after I set up my 1Password account. I have my Emergency Kit printed out and have carefully checked and re-entered the Secret Key multiple times. I have also tried every possible dumb variation of my 20 character Password, which had worked fine initially and which, as I said, I did NOT knowingly change. None of these variations worked either. I've attached a screenshot of the message I get when I enter my Password.
Is it possible that something in the settings is causing it to lock me out?
I am extremely frustrated. I cannot use many of my apps. I've been thinking I should just start over, yes. But what will happen to the new passwords I've created for sites/apps in 1Password? Obviously I have no idea what they are. Will I need to go on every site and say "forgot password" to generate a new one? Or can they all be saved and exported as a CSV file to my desktop and then imported into a new 1Password account?
I don't want to make the situation worse for myself. I'm fairly computer savvy, but I do need help here. And I hope I won't need to wait days for it.
Thank you,
Cathleen

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 2:09 PM 1Password Support wrote:
Hello Cathleen,

It's lovely hearing from you and thank you for your prompt reply.

If your account password or Secret key were change recently, the details in your original Emergency Kit are likely outdated. You'll have to use the most recent password and Secret Key to correctly sign back into your account. If you haven't already taken a look at our two support articles on what to do if you forgot your account password and how to find our Secret Key I highly recommend you do so.

There is no limit to the number of times you can enter an incorrect account password, so try as many times as you'd like. Just so that you're aware 1Password accounts require an account password minimum of 10 characters, I hope this narrows down the list of possibilities.

If you are unable to access your account, we can help you delete and start over if you'd like.

Best regards,

Ashlee S.
Customer Support @ 1Password
https://support.1password.com/

1Password Version: 8.9.13 Mac
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Resending. I am locked out. 1Password says my secret code or password was changed but it was NOT.

Comments

• Hi @calmalm

Apologies for the delay. A teammate has replied to your email today, so we'll continue the conversation with you over there. I'll close this thread to avoid duplicating the effort.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.