vscode error "found no accounts for filter"

Options
stmpy
stmpy
Community Member

I tried to connect vscode to the 1password CLI but noticed that when I added all of my accounts, I had left the domain as "my.1password.com" instead of the specific one that comes with the 1password account.

At this point I tried to connect vscode to 1password, but got an error, that the account couldn't be determined since there were multiple accounts for "my.1password.com."

next I removed all of the accounts from 1password, and logged back in, using the specific domains associated to the account e.g. "account1.1password.com" and "account2.1password.com" that all looks well and good. I have tried to re-add the connection in vscode, but somewhere in the extension settings (or 1password settings) there is still a reference that the CLI or vscode wants to use "my.1password.com" for the account connection.

I can't figure out how to clear this setting - I've removed the extension from vscode multiple times, and cleared a lot of settings from vscode. I believe it might be associated to a 1password setting instead, because a grep still shows the value is set in the local database (and this is the only occurrence in my home directory (arch linux)).

If anyone knows where I can go to "reset" the vscode connection I would really appreciate it!

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 1.0.4
OS Version: arch linux 6.1.8
Browser:_ vscode
Referrer: forum-search:vscode

Comments

• stmpy
    stmpy
    Community Member
    Options

so ... figured it out - if anyone else ever runs into this. In VSCode you need to open the command palette and choose: "1Password: Choose account" and it will let you re-select the account you want to use.

• @stmpy:

Glad you were able to solve it, and apologies for not getting to this sooner. Please feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.