Does "transferring" an item b/w vaults in effect copies the item to V2 and then deletes it from V1?

Options
Warlord
Warlord
Community Member

I am asking because after transferring items from one vault (1) to another vault (2) this results in these items showing now in vault 2 (as they should) but the Recently Deleted folder as well. If that is the case, 1P should make this clear somewhere, as it is not an expected outcome, as most people would assume that dragging an item from one vault to another vault would simply be that.

1Password Version: 8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does "transferring" an item from Vault 1 to Vault 2 in effect copies the item from Vault 1 to Vault 2 and then deletes the item in Vault 1? I am asking because after transferring items from one vault (1) to another vault (2) this results in these items showing now in vault 2 (as they should) but the recently deleted folder as well. If that is the case, 1P should make this clear somewhere, as it is not an expected outcome, as most people would assume that dragging an item from one vault to another vault would simply be that.

Comments

• Hello @Warlord,

Thanks for your message and sorry for any confusion caused by the moved item appearing in the Recently Deleted folder.

This is expected behaviour, but I can understand why someone would think the item actually moved, instead of being duplicated to the new vault and the original sent to recently deleted. I've passed your feedback along to the team for review.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#3754

• Warlord
    Warlord
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_mike_d

Another thing to look into is whether items previously deleted from Vault 1 and now in deleted folder, still appear in deleted folder if Vault 1 has been disabled through Travel mode.

• Hello again @Warlord,

Thanks for the follow up message. Items in the the deleted folder, when deleted or deleted due to a move of the will not appear on the device while the account is in Travel Mode. This guide notes that vaults on computers and mobile devices are removed except those you mark as safe for travel. This includes the deleted folder. Those vaults and folder will return and resync to your devices once Travel Mode is disabled.

If vault is marked safe for travel, the recently deleted folder will continue to show only items deleted/moved from that specific vault.

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.