1Password Safari Browser Extension does not work correctly on several sites

MarcoL
MarcoL
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,
the Safari Browser Extension does not work correctly on several sites (e,g. Ebay.de or Paypal.de)
The Problem is that the Browser extension does not recognize the save credentials and therefore the auto fill in does not work.
Also it is not possible to save credential (if i right klick on the Browser Extension and select save, the dialog opens and the noting happens)
The only way to login is top copy and paste the credentials manually from the password save.

If i try the same on my Edge Browser it works fine and i got now error.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• MarcoL
    MarcoL
    Community Member

• Hi @MarcoL,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with 1Password for Safari. Does this behaviour persist if you restart your Safari browser?

Additionally, are you unable to save an item when selecting the suggested password? Here's how to do that:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Navigate to the website you’d like to create an account on.
    3. Type or fill your username or email.
    4. If "Show autofill menu on field focus" is turned on in your 1Password extension settings you'll see "Use Suggested Password" appear when you click in the password field. Click this to generate a strong password.
    • If you don't see this, click the 1Password icon in the password field to toggle on the menu and then select "Use Suggested Password".
    1. A prompt will appear to save this item. Select the vault you'd like to save the item to, then click "Save".
    2. Now that the item is saved in your 1Password vault, click to submit the sign up form.

Let us know how things go. I look forward to hearing from you!

This discussion has been closed.