1Password has stopped working. No changes were made to my system

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password has stopped working

Comments

• Hello @Davelds,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear that you are having troubles with 1Password.

Could let us know what type of behaviour you are seeing and which version of 1Password you are referring to?

If you continue to have troubles after these steps, please let us know so we can continue the investigation.

Looking forward to your reply.

• davelds
    davelds
    Community Member

I open the app from the tray as usual and login
    The app does not fill in any passwords when I go to one of my websites.
    I reboot my computer every day.
    If I uninstall and reinstall will I lose my saved passwords?

I will restart in safe mode
    Windows 10
    Chrome
    1Password 8.9.14

• davelds
    davelds
    Community Member

Safe mode did not work.
    Your comment about uninstalling and reinstalling seems to imply that I would lose all of my passwords.
    Can't I delete and reinstall the program without losing data.
    Please give exact steps.

Thank you.

• davelds
    davelds
    Community Member

Further information.
    In task manager 3 there are 3 entries for 1Password and I can't delete them.

• Hello @davelds,

Sorry for the delay in response and letting us know how things went with safe mode. Before moving forward, you mentioned:

The app does not fill in any passwords when I go to one of my websites.

Is this only happening with a specific login item and are you attempting use the Open and Fill option from the app by clicking on associated URL field? Can you also confirm you have the 1Password in the browser browser extension installed and if so, you are able search and fill by clicking the 1Password icon in the browsers taskbar?

With regard to your 1Password data, you've mentioned using 1Password 8. All of your data should be safely backed up to 1Password.com. If you are you able to sign in there, is all of your data present and accounted for?

Data is stored in a local cache on your device, but is automatically updated from 1Password.com when you sign into the app.

If you'd like to move forward and try the suggested steps to reinstall 1Password 8, you can this guide to uninstall 1Password. Then download and reinstall 1Password 8 for Windows from our downloads page.

Looking forward to your reply.

This discussion has been closed.