Error importing csv and direct from lastpass. I'm stuck

Options
nipatel1
nipatel1
Community Member

I am a new user under a family account for 1password. I tried to import a csv file created by Lastpass and I tried to import direct from Lastpass using my login. I get errors from both using the windows desktop 1password software.

CSV import error: ** The provided CSV contains an unblanced quote on line 831 column 14.
**Direct from LastPass error:
Import failed. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again. If it still doesn't work, send the diagnostics report.

I do not have a subscription to Microsoft suite but I do have it installed so I can view the CSV file but I can't edit it. Not sure if this causes a limitation to uploading the CSV file. There is nothing on line 831 column 14 so even if I could edit it, it shouldn't make a difference.

Not sure how else to import. Help please!

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import csv

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@nipatel1

Are you still having trouble here?

• SkiRofaKy
    SkiRofaKy
    Community Member
    Options

having the same problem. And I manually migrate my data, all my data.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Use the Windows Notepad application to inspect your csv file. It loads the csv file and doesn't process it in any way, displaying its raw content. Check the given position again, and check near that position as well - often, parsers are unable to locate the exact position in the text. It might be the given position is where the closing quote is expected but not found, and the opening quote is somewhere in front of it or even in the previous line(s) - all depending on the csv formatting itself.

If you're unable to find why there is an unbalanced quote being reported, you should at least be able to recognize which Lastpass entry in line 831 is referenced. Go to Lastpass and check this entry. Check if there is some unusual text somewhere, or if you perhaps entered some quote in some free text field. Edit that text, create a new csv and try again. If that entry is not relevant for you any more, simply delete it to exclude it from the csv.

This discussion has been closed.