Chrome Extension Hangs

CWFII
CWFII
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password becomes unresponsive and hangs. Even with the extension apparently unlocked and active, as indicated by the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar, 1Password fails to recognize a site login and provide access to the login info stored in 1Password. Clicking on the 1Password icon pops up a black screen with a continuous "processing" circle in the middle and does nothing. This requires one or more browser restarts and a subsequent 1Password login to reenable the extension.

In addition to 1Password, the following Chrome extensions are enabled (most current versions): Privacy Badger, Ghostery, smartUp Gestures.

What is happening and how do we fix it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 10.0.19044 (64-bit)
Browser:_ Chrome 109.0.5414.120 (64-bit)
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• CWFII
    CWFII
    Community Member

The problem persists, with no discernable solution. Does anybody have any idea how to resolve this?

• Hey @CWFII,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in your browser. I think it would be useful at this point if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.