[Feature Request] Make titles of entries copyable

Options
stephanbauch
stephanbauch
Community Member

Hi,
at work our whole team uses 1Password. Wonderful tool.
But one thing drives me crazy:

As we often have to tell co-workers which entry holds the correct cerendtials for a specific service, we always reference them by the topmost "title" field.
Eg.: "For login details see 1Password "Title of entry" ".

But somehow we cannot copy the title!
Not from the List, and even no longer while edititng the entry title! (Mouse selection and CTRL+C does nothing)
We have to manually retype the name every time.
That is time consuming and error-prone!

My feature-request is this:
Please add a button "copy title" where the red cricle is in the attached screenshot to copy the title of the 1Password item ("Title of entry" in this case)

Which would provide the same functionality as all fields of an entry.

And I know that there is the "Share" functionality - but that is not what we need, as we all have access to required vaults.

Looking forward to feedback to this suggestion.
Best regards,
stephan

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, 21H2 and 21H1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @stephanbauch

But somehow we cannot copy the title! Not from the List, and even no longer while edititng the entry title! (Mouse selection and CTRL+C does nothing)

This was a bug which has now been fixed in the Nightly version, and it'll make its way to the Production version soon.

As we often have to tell co-workers which entry holds the correct cerendtials for a specific service, we always reference them by the topmost "title" field.

Because you mentioned you all have access to the same vaults, you could send a colleage a private link which would take them right to the correct item. Right-click the item, and choose Copy Private Link. As long as the recipient has access to the appropriate vault, that link will take them to the item directly, even in shared vaults. Might be worth a try for these purposes. :)

— Grey

• stephanbauch
    stephanbauch
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P
    Thank you for your answer!
    I will look forward to the version containing the fix :)

Thank you for pointing out the "copy private link" option.
    Altough this is a neat feature, as it requirest to be logged into the website to work it, is not feasable in my case. Most of us use the windows or mac app and do not always have an open session in the browser.
    And if I put the copied url into the search field of the windows app, it does not translate these urls to vault items (...maybe this could be another feature request? 🤔)

Best regards,
    stephan

This discussion has been closed.