I seem to be hitting a wall in MRC Converter suite. Doesn't convert. Line 238 error

Options
FrankBreech
FrankBreech
Community Member

Hello! Back again, seeing if it's now the right time to jump from Bitwarden to 1PW

MR C's converter has always worked for me in the past, but not today :(

I exported my BW passwords to a .json, got Perl installed etc.

I run the command line perl convert.pl -v bitwarden ..\pm_export.json and this is what I get:

**Use of uninitialized value $uris[1] in join or string at
C:/Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Bitwarden.pm line 238 (#1)**

I Also got this:
Error: Please report - unexpectedly matched multiple outkey values for 'password', type 'login':
record title: 'AMERICAN AIRLINES'

So I thought it was a problem with my BW data, and I actually deleted my American Airlines entry (and there was no strange data in that entry anyway). Re-exported the entire BW file, re-ran Mr C's converter.

Got the same error messages above, except this time it was a different record title (INDIEGOGO), but still the same line 238 error.

So I know it's not a BW file issue.

I'd like to try out (again) 1PW but I have to be able to import my data. No data file is generated by the converter, I'm assuming due to the error above. This is also generated by the converter process;

Import summary:
1953 items discovered
Export summary:
7 Credit Card items
99 Secure Note items

So it looks like it's making it's way partially thru my records, but then terminates with no output.

Thanks in advance for your patience in reading my description above.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Win 11; Android 13
Browser:_ Opera
Referrer: forum-search:import bitwarden

Comments

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

Just FYI, you can (if you'd like) disregard my issue above. It's still a problem to be sure, and you could help others by answering it, but I forged ahead and went with the CSV conversion route, so I have 1PW up and running (v8). Just wanted to let y'all know.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@FrankBreech

I'll take a look at these issues today.

The first one appears that the list of URI's in the record entry is not what I'm expecting, and that one of the URIs in the list is empty (and becomes an undefined value).

The second one I'll have to look into how data could be created to produce that error.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@FrankBreech

I've resolved these two issues, and the fixes will go into the next update I post.

• Ignore any empty URI values in a login.
    • Don't allow custom fields to clobber or populate template keys.

For the first, Bitwarden allows saving a record with empty URIs (which seems rather pointless):

For the second, I had not realized that Bitwarden allowed creating custom field labels with the same names as a category's reserved (top-level) keys.

Thanks for reporting these.

This discussion has been closed.