1Password fills password in chrome address bar on Android

cantfindausername
cantfindausername
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Android

Hey :)
When autofilling on some websites where only the username/e-mail field is currently visible, 1Password fills in my password in the Chrome address bar. This has been happening for a few weeks now and I can't find a way or option that might prevent this bug. I use the default keyboard on my Pixel 7, with autofill services enabled. Hope anybody here can help. Have a great week!

1Password Version: 8.10.-9.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13 on Pixel 7
Browser:_ Chrome for Android 109

Comments

• cantfindausername
    cantfindausername
    Community Member

Interesting… just changed the app language to English (previously German) and this doesn't happen anymore. So this seems like an issue with Chrome's language set to german

• Hi @cantfindausername, thanks for writing in and letting us know about this issue.

We've seen this behavior in some localizations and some browsers. The team here is investigating and making sure any changes that need to be made from our end to resolve this are made. Switching the device language to English as you mentioned, or using Edge, Opera Touch or Vivaldi should help avoid this issue in the mean time.

Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#19368

Community Member

I use Edge and I have the same behavior

• ag_timothy
    edited March 2023

Hi @0100110, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you as well. My apologies for any trouble here.

Since this was initially identified, it looks like the issue now occurs in Edge as well. From the testing I've found Opera Touch and Vivaldi are still unaffected.

• corci79
    corci79
    Community Member

Same issue here with chrome and brave. Italian language is setting on my device

• Thanks for confirming that @corci79. I've updated the issue with those details.

This discussion has been closed.