Unauthorized payment

Options
sagark1r1tshah
sagark1r1tshah
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Families

I'd like to make a complaint about 1password's charging policies and request a refund.

I had a 1 families account on an annual subscription that was due to expire on 1 February 2023.

I decided to cancel the annual subscription on 27 January 2023 because I was entitled to a free families account via a business account with my employer and did NOT want to get charged for another year's subscription.

When cancelling my annual subscription, I did NOT sign up for a monthly subscription, I was just notified that unless I started a new subscription or linked a business account, I'd be able to access data for upto a month, but be unable to use autofill or add new passwords for.

To my utter dismay, I received an invoice from 1 pasword on 27 January, charging me for a monthly subscription, with my credit card getting charged immediately.

I linked my business account on 28 January, and queried the unauthorized monthly subscription immediately.

1password email support has been awful. A response took a whole week to arrive, and did not recognise that the monthly subscription and payment that 1 password took was completely unauthorized. I just told I would receive a credit when I eventually leave my business account.

I'd like an immediate refund and apology, and possibly compensation for the amount of time that has been wasted. I'd also like recognition that 1password /agile bits is taking acttion to stop making unauthorized payments from customers who want to unsubscribe in future.

I am pretty close to requesting a chargeback from my credit card provider, but will wait until I've got a response from you before doing this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unauthorized payment

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @sagark1r1tshah

I apologize for the frustration, but billing issues can only be addressed by email. We're unable to look up customer details or issue refunds through public channels. I understand the delayed response via email is less than ideal. We're working hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. I promise we'll continue to work with you on this via email and I'm confident a solution can be found.

Ben

ref: ref: QBX-36942-268

This discussion has been closed.