Characteristics

Options
journeyman4
journeyman4
Community Member

I am new to 1 password (had a free trial) have now subscribed to familes so my wife can use it. I started to put some of her site in and generate passwords, all went well till we can to the Ancestry site, that is in my name but can have up to 3 family members onboard. So my wife signs in with my email, then i exposed the ancestry site password on my 1 password so as to copy it onto my wifes laptop.

then I came across one of those zero,s with a line through it, I found out after a lot of searching how to create one so this i did and copied it to my wifes pc but it did not work, So I generated another password for the ancestry site, and copied that and saved all was well and worked. I then went to add another site for her, typed in her email address clicked save in 1password and it said can not save. So now on looking her email address is name and the number 50 but the zero now appears with the line throught it, this is only happening in 1 password can you help two new customers please
Mike P.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• journeyman4
    journeyman4
    Community Member
    Options

So no one has any idea re my issue? semingly nor do 1password they are ignoring all my emails, very poor form time to go elswhere i fear. Not a good experience for a new customer!!!

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

@journeyman4
    It's not clear what you mean with "...one of those zeroes with a line through it...", or at least what your issue with these is.

In common computer fonts, there are o, O and 0, 0. The former two are small and big letter O (ohh), the latter two are the same digit 0 (zero) displayed in two different fonts, one without and one with a line through it. There exist also the less common characters "Ø" and "ø". These are from northern european languages and are pronounced similar to the German "Ö" (O Umlaut). They look like a slashed zero, but are characters.
    You need to look very thoroughly which of the characters is actually displayed. O and 0 are not the same. Similar thing is l and I (small L and big i) by the way.

You need to make sure you enter exactly the same letter or digit you entered previously. Different letters might look similar to each other, but they are different for the computer and for a password. If this is actually your issue, I recommend you make yourself familiar with the basics of computer usage, since this is actually no issue with 1Password but with the general understanding of how the text processing of computers work. And that the same text might look different if displayed with a different font - it's still the same text.

• journeyman4
    journeyman4
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Its been sorted thank you very much as it happens it was a (zero) 0 as stated) what was happening was my wifes email ended with the number 50 but the 0 (zero) when typed into 1 password kept coming up and tyhe zero had a slash through it, which was not a correct representation of the email address, so it would not save nothing. Its been sorted now, I,ve reverted backto being Singular user. Had help from 1 password support very nice helpful understanding people. There was no issue with the laptop, everywhere else when "50"was typed that is exactly what came up, the zero with a slash in it only happened on the 1password site, but as I say all sorted now. Thank you for your response.

• Hi @journeyman4,

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your kind words and letting know all was sorted out now.😊

Do let us know if you have any other troubles with 1Password.com, we'll be happy to help investigate.

• journeyman4
    journeyman4
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for that.

• No problem, @journeyman4. 😊

This discussion has been closed.