Sync not working between web and Windows App version 8.9.14

Options
johnbw
johnbw
Community Member

I've added info to an existing record in the web app and a new record in a Windows app. Neither is syncing with the other.
I've exited both apps and re-logged-in. Still no sync after an hour.
I'm LAN connected with 1Gb internet and the windows machine shows up in trusted devices in the web app so connectivity shouldn't be an issue.
Is there a way to force the syncing process? I'm still on the free trial if that makes a difference.
Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not installed
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Chrome latest

Comments

• johnbw
    johnbw
    Community Member
    Options

Solved (maybe).
    I quit the Windows app (just exited last time) , restarted it including TOTP MFA authentication and the previous changes have synced now.
    So maybe root cause was implementing MFA as part of the setup process ...

• Hi @johnbw,

I'm sorry to hear of the syncing troubles you encountered with 1Password 8 for Windows, but glad things seem to be resolved.

It does sounds as though MFA authentication was the troubles here. If you recently turned on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account, but had yet to authenticate, 1Password 8 would be unable to sync to 1Password.com. In a recent release, (1Password 8.9.12), we've added an offline indicator which you can click to try and reconnect which would prompt you for MFA if authentication is needed. This icon appears in the title bar if the app is not connected:

If you run into troubles again in the future, give this a try and let us know if this helps!

• johnbw
    johnbw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Everything looks great now - syncing very quickly even importing CSV file with over 900 records. And the offline/re-connect widget will be very helpful.

• Hi @johnbw,

Thanks so much for getting back to us. I'm happy to hear that and the sync issue is resolved and you're finding the offline indicator helpful.

Please let us know if you run into any other troubles, we'll be happy to take another look. 👍

This discussion has been closed.