not able to setup an ios device from another

Options
pordes
pordes
Community Member

My family member has the 1Password app on her iPhone and iPad. She followed the instructions on her phone to set up another device. She sent the link to herself, clicked it on her iPad. It opens the app, but just brings up a screen with the 1Password icon, the keyboard, and nothing else. She can't proceed from there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.7.2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:not able to setup an ios device from another

Comments

• Hello @pordes! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that your friend is having trouble getting started with 1Password on her iPad. What happens when your friend just tries to open the 1Password app on the iPad without clicking on the link? Is your friend using 1Password 8 or an older version on the iPad? And is your friend able to see all of her items when she logs in to her 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• pordes
    pordes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, but since the first method didn't work, she used the method where she enters her name, password and security key. She is all set now.

• I'm glad they found a solution that worked for them. I'm sorry the other did not. If you have other questions please let us know. Enjoy the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.