Save login dialog stuck

TommyV
TommyV
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This doesn't happen all the time but I've seen it a few times. I have one stuck right now. I am creating an account on a website and for the password, I'm prompted to use the one generated by 1Password. I click on that and then I get the "Save In" 1Password dialog. In this dialog, there's info that doesn't need to be saved but clicking on the minus sign does nothing (it looks like it registers the click, but the data remains). And then clicking on the Save button does nothing as well. The Save button itself becomes unclickable after the initial click, but the dialog doesn't go away and I can see the login is NOT in my vault.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• TommyV
    TommyV
    Community Member

Is this not the right place to post this? Should I open a ticket?

• Hey @TommyV,

Based on the description, it sounds like you might be running into a known issue that our development team are currently investigating I've added your ticket to that issue. This may be caused by some syncing troubles from the browser extension's authentication with our server. I apologize for any interruption in your workflow caused by this issue.

In the meantime, could you try the following to see if it helps?

1. Lock the 1Password app (which also locks the extension).
    2. Unlock the 1Password app (which also unlocks the extension).

If the issue is still present, then please go through the steps below to fully re-sync your account:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account. (This won't be available if "Integrate with 1Password app" is still enabled)
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.

I hope this helps!

ref: dev/core/core#17386

• TommyV
    TommyV
    Community Member

Thanks @steph.giles! I just wanted to share to make the team aware (or in this case, add to an existing case).

Since it's sporadic, it hasn't been too much of an issue with my workflow but if it continues to be, I'll try the steps you recommend.

• Thank you for your understanding @TommyV, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

• egoebelbecker
    egoebelbecker
    Community Member

Is this issue still open? I'm seeing it every time I need to create a new account.

• @egoebelbecker

I'm sorry to say the issue remains open on our end. I've added your report to our tracker. My apologies for the trouble.

• egoebelbecker
    egoebelbecker
    Community Member

Being able to save a new login is table stakes for a password manager. I guess not everyone it seeing it? Will those of us that are see relief?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @egoebelbecker, I am really sorry that you've encountered this issue. I'm curious, have you reached out to us about the issue previously? Have you tried any of the workarounds (such as this one)?

I would say that most issues that pop up do not affect the entire user base. However, that doesn't mean the issue isn't important, and that doesn't mean we don't want to help. If you have a ticket number or another thread, please share those with us. If you can tell us more about your situation, we can take a closer look and assist.

• egoebelbecker
    egoebelbecker
    Community Member

No, I haven't reached out. It's happened the last few times I needed to create a new login. Finally I decided to go to your site looking for support, and it led me here. If you follow the support pages and end up at an issue that isn't already described on the site, the first option from the left is this forum.

I found this thread, which says it's a known issue.

I did follow the steps above and maybe 1Password will work the next time I need to create a new login. Maybe it won't.

If it happens again I will consider contacting support, but I don't see removing and reinstalling software and logging in and out of accounts as a "fix." Especially when there seems to be a documented bug that is probably causing the issue.

• Hey @egoebelbecker,

Thank you for getting back to us, I'm sorry for the disruption.

You're right in that it isn't a fix but instead a workaround that has got things back on track for some users. We are working on a more permanent fix for the issue.

Let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.