looking to reinstall version 6 on my phone. Been using 1password from version 3 through version 6

Options
delroydee
delroydee
Community Member

My 1Password app version 6 seems to be working fine on my mac laptop. For some reason my IOS version 6 1Password app has been upgraded to version 7 and everything seems to be screwed up. I never had a secret key and can't find one from version 6. I don't want to upgrade at this time but would like to continue using version 6 on my phone and continue to share between my mac and phone. How do I fix this?

1Password Version: 6.1.7
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: 10.13.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:looking to reinstall version 6 on my phone. Been using 1password from version 3 through version 6

Comments

• Hello @delroydee! 👋

I'm sorry that you've run into trouble with 1Password for iOS. 1Password 6 hasn't been updated in many years and I don't recommend that you continue using it. That being said, you might be able to download 1Password 6 again by going to the Purchased section of your App Store account.

It sounds like you're using an older legacy sync method and I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• delroydee
    delroydee
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave. I'm thinking of upgrading to version 7 as I'm still using mac 10.13.6. My necessary design for work apps haven't let me move forward in operating systems yet. It's been a dilemma! Thanks for your advice

• @delroydee

Thank you for the reply. 1Password 7 will soon stop receiving new updates since we're now focused on 1Password 8. You'll need to update to macOS Catalina 10.15 or later in order to use 1Password 8.

For the time being, if you have a 1Password membership (or a license for 1Password 7) you can still download 1Password 7 for Mac from our website: Using an older computer?

If you do have any other questions about 1Password 6 or upgrading to a more recent version then please send an email to the team using the instructions in my previous comment. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.