1Password 8 and Vanadium / GrapheneOS

Options
musicmatch
musicmatch
Community Member

Google services are installed. Application runs all good and I can open, search for logins and copy manually. However I can not get autofill to work on Vanadium.

I tried all combinations of enabling/disabling native save passwords function in Vanadium and "Save and fill addresses" function.
There is no sign of autofill or data retreival from 1password.

Can someone advice please?

Pixel 7, latest GrapheneOS TQ1A.230205.002.2023020600 including latest Vanadium

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @musicmatch, thanks for writing in.

For 1Password for Android to fill in a browser, the browser most include native Autofill or Autofill compatibility and be supported by 1Password. Currently supported browsers include: Brave, Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Edge, Firefox, Opera Touch, Samsung Internet and Vivaldi.

As Vanadium does not have support with 1Password, 1Password for Android will not be able to fill or fill as expected in that browser. I can't promise if or when new browsers will be supported but I'd be happy to share your interest with the team for their consideration.

If there's anything else we can help with at this time, just let me know!

• musicmatch
    musicmatch
    Community Member
    Options

Who is dependent on who here in terms on resolving this compatibility issue?
    Is this something that GrapheneOS/Vanadium team needs to resolve?
    Or is this something that 1Password team needs to resolve?

Has anyone reached out to respective party to provide solution on how to implement compatibility ?

• Hi @musicmatch, thanks for your question. It depends on the browser in question and there may be additional barriers after the initial support is in place. If a browser has native Autofill or Autofill compatibility support then it should be technically possible for 1Password for Android to add support for that browser.

This discussion has been closed.