I logged into a family account, and 1Password created a parallel account

leandroa
leandroa
Community Member

I had an old personal account that was disabled because I ended my subscription, today I entered a family subscription and gave my email from that old account, instead of her updating the old account to "account family" she created a new "account family" without my old account vault, now I have a personal old account deactivated and a family account with the same email, is it possible to merge these accounts? thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• @leandroa

I'd suggest emailing us. There are several avenues to pursue and the team can outline them for you. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Based on what you've said it sounds like you might want to cancel the new account and then log into the old account and update it to a family. The reverse could also be true where you can keep the new one as it's likely empty and allows you to start clean. The team should be able to suggest an option that will work for you. My colleagues are ready to give you a helping hand. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.