1Password Fingerprint Unlock not Working after Yubikey 2FA activation

Options
InspGadget70
InspGadget70
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Android

Ever since I started using a hardware security key (YubiKey), the 1Password app no longer prompts me for my fingerprint and insists on asking me for my master password (each and every time I launch the app). This is despite having the app set to only prompt for master password every 30 days. I don't know that it's directly related, but it's mighty coincidental that this behavior started after I turned on 2FA with the YubiKey. After I enter my master password and perform the FIDO2 authentication (via NFC) with the YubiKey, I get a small popup at the bottom of the screen that says "unable to save your 2FA (Learn More)", which quickly disappears before I can press the "Learn More" button that it presents. The app then lets me in like normal.

The YubiKey works fine and I understand the balancing act between security and convenience; however, this behavior seems to be more of a bug than a security feature. I should be able to use my biometrics to log in, and only be prompted for my master password every 30 days (like the setting in the app states).

Anybody else experiencing this?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

This discussion has been closed.