How do i sign in to 1Password CLI with python/terminal

Options
KodeKalle
KodeKalle
Community Member

Hi,
I'm curious how I would be able to automate signing in to my provision manager account so that i can automate inviting new colleagues at my company to join our 1PW team, this is right now not possible without me manually using my fingerprint or manually entering my password into the system promt popping up.

Is there way to enter the code in the terminal/python?

My py code:

Login to 1Password

op_address = config.get("onepassword", "op_address")
op_email = config.get("onepassword", "op_email")
op_secret_key = config.get("onepassword", "op_secret_key")
op_account = config.get("onepassword", "op_account")

os.system(f'eval $(op account add --address {op_address} --email {op_email} --secret-key {op_secret_key})')
os.system('eval $(op signin --account {op_account})')

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• KodeKalle
    KodeKalle
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

[removed]

• KodeKalle
    KodeKalle
    Community Member
    Options

piping the pw doesn't work either, it just gives me another promt

example:

os.system(f'eval $(echo "{op_pw}" | op signin --account {op_account})')

• Hi @KodeKalle:

Generally speaking, the smoothest way of managing users of your 1Password account at scale would be Automated User Provisioning using 1Password SCIM Bridge.

Automate provisioning in 1Password Business using SCIM

Let me know if you'd like me to share more details on how to get started with using 1Password SCIM Bridge.

Jack

• KodeKalle
    KodeKalle
    Community Member
    Options

Problem is i want to create vaults and items, customized depending on different information on my new colleagues all as a part of an onboarding process but it seems like you are only able to add users to an already existing group that adds already existing vaults and or items - is this correctly understood? It is also not possible for me to use SCIM as we use openLDAP shell called Fusion Directory and not active directory as our user database. Is there a way to skip this prompt in my above post or is there any other ways you see fit for these specific needs :)?

• KodeKalle
    KodeKalle
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P sorry forgot to add you in the above post, hope that you can help :)

This discussion has been closed.