Feature request - Custom password field history

Options
shhh
shhh
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Windows

Regular password fields in Login items have a Show history option when you tap on the ... on the iPhone app. This shows all the changes made to the field.

But when a custom field of type Password is added to say a secure note, it does not show this history option on that field. Yes, I can go to 1password.com to see the Item History. But since this saves a copy of the entire item for any change, I need to hunt and peck to open each version until I find the one I am looking for and restore that and risk overwriting all the other changes. And if I don't remember the old password, I am out of luck because then I wouldn't know which version to even restore.

It would be so much easier if custom fields of type Password were to save history of changes like the password field in a Login item does.

Please consider enhancing this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member
    Options

Where can see the item history of changes in the 1Password app? Or is that available only in my.1Password.com? I know there are efforts underway to bring all the 1Password client apps to the same features. It will be much appreciated, it is hard to keep track of which feature is available on which device/app and adjust your workflow accordingly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. This is a good start but it could use some improvements, as I described here.

• Hello @shhh,

Thanks for your feedback. I've merged these threads as the topics are related.

The, View and restore previous versions of items guide is certainly a great start, but we understand your point of that custom password fields could use some attention by way of a password history. We've had other requests for this feature and I've passed your thoughts along to the Product team.

Do let us know if we can be of further assistance. 👍

ref: 30956610

This discussion has been closed.