Can 1Password import 2FA tokens from Lastpass?

Options
Fedup
Fedup
Community Member

A friend is using Lastpass. He has LP Authenticator aka OTP tokens being managed by LP. Can that data be moved over to 1Password or does he have 2 disable 2FA on each site & re-enable 2FA on each site & recapture the token into 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Fedup !

Import is not possible, as far as I know. But you could copy the secret from LP into an entry of 1Password. This should work without disabling the 2FA for all websites.

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

@DenalB

The reason I asked was that the 1Password page https://support.1password.com/import-lastpass/ under "When you import from LastPass using the 1Password apps" makes no mention of OTP/2FA being imported. I am about to help a friend and needed clarification on this. I also reached out to 1Password on Twitter. They said "You will only need to disable 2FA for your LastPass account. All the other OTP links will be correctly imported." It is strange though that the above page makes no reference to OTP/2FA being imported.

• MikeT
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi folks,

@Fedup, yes, we import the OTP field in your Password items from LastPass, that'll be imported as Login items in 1Password.

@DenalB, we've added direct LastPass import in our last update (and adding more improvements in the next update coming soon).

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT !

yes, we import the OTP field in your Password items from LastPass, that'll be imported as Login items in 1Password.

Great! Good to know. 👍

This discussion has been closed.