Browser integration on Gentoo

Options
jbhardman
jbhardman
Community Member

I did a manual install of 1password on Gentoo. Browser integration is not working. I also have an Arch install and it worked out of the box.
In the file

~/.config/1Password/logs/1Password_rCURRENT.log

I see this:

WARN  2023-02-13T09:19:40.641 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(19)) [1P:foundation/op-linux/src/kernel_keyring.rs:827] failed to initialize keyring helper, its functionality will be unavailable: Io(Error { kind: UnexpectedEof, message: "failed to fill whole buffer" })

And in

~/.config/1Password/logs/KeyringHelper/1Password_rCURRENT.log

I see:

INFO  2023-02-13T09:19:40.640 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:foundation/op-linux/src/bin/keyring_helper.rs:134] initalizing keyring helper
ERROR 2023-02-13T09:19:40.640 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:foundation/op-binary-support/src/linux.rs:256] process detected it was running without libc's security, aborting

I have KDE Plasma installed. Kwallet is installed and running. I also installed and started gnome-keyring just in case. Still won't work.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 1Password for Linux 8.9.14 (80914009)
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Gentoo Linux
Browser:_ Firefox, Brave

Comments

• Hey @jbhardman, I apologize for our delayed response here. It looks like you've encountered a known issue our developers are currently investigating.

Could you verify whether you ran the after-install script included in the tarball? 1Password-BrowserSupport on Linux requires that its installed with special permissions. For our official distributions, this is usually handled by the after-install process. But for manual installations, this step must be run manually.

Looking forward to your response.

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#18625

• jbhardman
    jbhardman
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, it's working! I could have sworn I ran that script. All of the steps were done except for lines 121-131. Just changing the group of 2 files and the permissions on those files. The group existed and the content of all other files was done. Not sure why just those steps weren't done.

Thank you.

• Hey @jbhardman, you're most welcome! I'm glad to hear you've got things working now 😄

Ali

This discussion has been closed.