Edit button often doesn't show up

Options
dserodio
dserodio
Community Member

Very often, the Edit button for a login doesn't show up. Sometimes, closing the item and reopening it makes the Edit button appear, but sometimes this workaround doesn't work.

I tried to take a screenshot but got a "Can't take screenshot due to security policy" error.

1Password Version: 8.10.0-9.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dserodio, thanks for writing in and letting us know about this issue!

What you've described is a known bug. With item view open, if you switch focus to the home screen or another app, the Edit button will disappear. While the team works to resolve this, you can tap ⋮ next to the password field then tap Reveal, Show in Large Type or Copy to return the Edit button. You can also tap ⋮ in the top right corner then temporarily add or remove the item from Favorites. Alternatively, as mentioned you can tap another tab then return to the item.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• jdeluyck
    jdeluyck
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed that in the Android app, when you do a search for an item, you get an edit button at the top.

Then, switch away to another app.
    Next, switch back to 1PW. The edit button is gone.

I need to go back to the search, tap the item again, and then the edit button is back.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 13
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• Hi @jdeluyck, thanks for writing in. I've just merged your post in with a similar topic, please see my comment above.

• jdeluyck
    jdeluyck
    Community Member
    Options

Hah. Thanks!

• Happy to help!

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the workaround

• @dserodio On behalf of Timothy, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.