To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why is 1password.com showing me this popup "use passkey from a device with a camera"?

Options
bergdog
bergdog
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Memberships

Here's my scenario while using my Safari browser on a Mac. My 1Password account had 2FA using an authenticator app. I could login to 1password.com just fine. Then from another machine I added a yubikey security key. From that 2nd machine I could login to 1password.com no problem. When I attempted to login on my Mac, now I was met with this prompt:

Choosing "Continue" it then asked me to use my phone to scan a QR code and it came back with "we can't find a passkey" which makes sense because I never saved one and furthermore, I didn't think 1password even supported passkeys yet! What's going on?

I am able to login by either selecting the "security key" option or if I hit Cancel then I see what I was expecting all along:

But I'm concerned that there's something misconfigured somehow on my machine because I saw the passkey prompt.

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:use passkey from a device with a camera

This discussion has been closed.