App Bug (iOS): Can’t properly edit or scroll through a “Secure Note” item that has a lot of text

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

In the latest 1Password for iOS 8.10.0 81000052, on PRODUCTION channel, if a secure note (or possibly any item with a note) has a lot of text, you can’t edit it properly because it doesn’t allow you to scroll through it. In other words, you’re stuck in one section of the note, and can’t scroll up or down to edit parts not seen on the screen.
Update - I've uploaded a screen recording: https://imgur.com/a/qOMSsfC

Comments

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Also, with an item with a long "note", if you "Edit" and then tap "Save" or "Cancel", a bunch of whitespace will appear below the note that goes on for quite a bit, to the bottom of the item.

• Hi @nimvio ,

Do you know approximately how long your note is? There is an issue with extremely long notes that we are looking into.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

Thanks for working with my colleagues bugwhat We'll get a report filed.

ref: USX-55433-858

• Hi @bugwhat ,

Thanks for your report. I am one of the developers of 1Password for iOS, and I'll be looking into this. I looked into this with some long notes here and was able to reproduce the issue, so we will work on a fix as soon as we can.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Thanks for the replies, @ag_kevin & @ag_tommy . I’ve also noticed this general scrolling issue when editing items that aren’t secure notes: such as editing the Title field for an item, and when adding multiple fields (e.g. add a bunch of blank password fields, like you’re adding a group of two-factor backup codes). I’m using latest TestFlight, 1Password for iOS 8.10.1 81001001, on BETA channel.

Another thing I’ve noticed (again, with scrolling) on the UI is when you scroll down the screen when viewing an item, the top part of an item, where it shows you which account and vault an item is in, the text goes underneath the top menu (where the Home, Edit, and Share) bar text. As you scroll down, the top menu bar blurs, but doesn’t blur soon enough and text overlaps each other.

• JC4
    JC4
    Community Member
    Options

I click on “edit” and then I only see a portion of the note, and I can’t scroll up or down, or click on it so a cursor appears.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iPad OS 16.3.1
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I can’t edit any of my Secure Notes in iOS

• rsx1
    rsx1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Frustrating. Wish there was a fix.

• rsx1
    rsx1
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to edit a secure note in iOS (using 1P 8), the keyboard blocks part of the note. The note will not scroll far enough up or down to allow me to edit either the top or bottom of the note as it is blocked by the keyboard. Is there a fix for this problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:edit note ios

• GreyM1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi both.

We're currently tracking an issue where longer items mean that the view can't be scrolled, which then interferes with editing the item. Sorry for the inconvenience – our development team are already aware, and are working on a solution. I've added this thread to our tracker for it.

It looks like 1Password for iOS is the only version affected by this bug. Other devices and 1Password.com are working as expected.

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#20070

• jondriscoll
    jondriscoll
    Community Member
    Options

Also have this issue… can only scroll to the “size of the viewing area” - using the outer / rightmost scroll bar.
    There does not seem to be a scroll bar for “inside” the viewing area. The viewing area also seems to be centred halfway down the note….
    (When using the Windows client, it seems that the viewing area sizes to the FULL height of the note, whereas on the iPad version, the viewing area is only 40 or so lines tall….)
    IPad Pro IOS version 16.3.1

• rsx1
    rsx1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Grey!

I use the notes section frequently for important data, and not being able to enter data has been very frustrating. I look forward to a solution, hopefully soon. I appreciate all your hard work!

• Thank you for the kind words.

• NHolden
    NHolden
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi,
    I have been unable to scroll when editing long secure notes on IOS for a number of versions now. I keep hoping it will get fixed but it doesn't so hence I am posting here for more advice.

When I say long secure notes, they are where the secure note is longer than the screen in IOS - it basically seems to have lost the inner scroll bar - where you scroll the note up and down to edit the top or the bottom for example.

This is only when editing the secure note - when viewing the note the scroll works fine.

This is affecting all my long notes, not just one particular one and started happening about 4 weeks ago.

This is just on IOS - I am running IOS 16.3.1 on an iPhone 13. I am running the latest 1Password IOS app (v8.10.1).

Any help appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
    OS Version: ios 16.3.1
    Referrer: forum-search:Unable to scroll when editing secure notes on ios

• Hello @NHolden! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to scroll long secure notes when editing. Our developers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix which we plan to include in a future update to 1Password. I've added you to the internal work item for the issue so that our developers are aware that you're affected.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20070

• NHolden
    NHolden
    Community Member
    Options

Ok great, thanks Dave.

• Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• @nimvio

Another thing I’ve noticed (again, with scrolling) on the UI is when you scroll down the screen when viewing an item, the top part of an item, where it shows you which account and vault an item is in, the text goes underneath the top menu (where the Home, Edit, and Share) bar text. As you scroll down, the top menu bar blurs, but doesn’t blur soon enough and text overlaps each other.

Can you please update to version 8.10.1, we've fixed a few navigation and visual issues with this update. Let me know if you still see the same issue on the latest version.

-Dave

• @jondriscoll and @bugwhat

I'm sorry that you're affected by the Secure Note scrolling issue. I've added you both to the internal work item for the issue so that our developers are aware. While I don't have an ETA for when a fix will be available, we're hoping to fix this as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20085

• DominikWT
    DominikWT
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem. After several contacts with your support, I got the impression that fixing this error is not your priority. If it were, the fix would be ready within a few days. For 3 weeks now, I have not been able to use the application that I am paying for. Please provide a specific date for the release of the fix. I would like to know whether I should wait or already transfer my data to another competing program.

• @DominikWT

I'm sorry for the frustration and I completely understand how this issue is a big interruption to your workflow. We're not in a position to give a specific release date at the moment but our developers are actively working on the issue and we hope to release a fix as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: JUB-86366-395

This discussion has been closed.